WanderingCloud
Participant

I think you have to ask yourself if it is actually in your childs best interests to see her dad when he is sucg a monster and there is a real risk of the emotional abuse he may inflict on her. Yes, she may be missing him but is she missing someone who doesnt exist. You need to trust your insticts. If you decide to give contact, is there a chance that in a few years time you could look back and regret your decision?
Your child is worried that her dad is crying for her, whilst you dont want to be cruel and say ‘no he wont be crying’ as that could break her heart, you may need to offer her reassurance that her dad is absolutely fine.
Sorry if i dont have much personal experience of your predicament, I am sure some of the other ladies on here will be able to offer more advise. I think there are lots of us who have had real problems logging in to the new forum, it has taken me days, this could be why there is not much activity on here at the moment. x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content