tobehappy
Participant

I hope it means you are ready to build a new life…because you have described exactly how I feel. I worry about the children as I think he may focus all his attention on them. I don’t miss him and am sad for the loss of the family unit. Since I moved out I have never actually missed him.

I think you are able to cope with all the changes as anything is easier than dealing with their behaviour. I also feel like that. I did everything I did whilst I was in the relationship despite what he did to sabotage it. It must be easier to do these things with no-one working against you.

I am not quite there yet as we have the legal stuff to sort which surprise, surprise he is dragging his feet with but I do imagine a life without him and I am starting to feel more hopeful about the future. I think I will always feel sad about the loss of the family unit but I think I can deal with that.

I found it easier as he was always horrible. I didn’t get the love-bombing. Certainly not for a very long time…not sure I ever did. What is there to miss?

You sound like you are an independent person who is able to plan your own life. Good on you 🙂

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content