Herindoors
Participant

Hi. To a much lesser degree mine has accused me as well. I once did the same as you when he was blocking my exit through a door. I was hitting his chest and he ended up with bruises, he didn’t move though. Another time I lashed out when he woke me up and bruised his face. I did do both these things! But but but…I hate saying that because that’s what they say….it was after decades of abuse and after hours of provocation. Is it OK for me to say that – because that’s what they, abusers, say 🙁 He has also told people that I abused him emotionally and financially which is 100% untrue.
The only way for me has been no contact. There is no other way. The people that believe him will always believe him and those that believe me always will. Its very unfair but its a fact.
If you can go no contact he won’t be able to wind you up anymore and you will stop being provoked into trying to defend yourself either verbally or physically.
Also can you see a DV worker so you can get your side of the story out and they can help explain to other people what actually went on? its so hard to us to try and explain because of the emotion and fear that we feel – but an outsider could be your spokesperson.
Good luck and no contact !! xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content