Main Moderator

Hi Beanyboo,

I’m really sorry to hear what had happened, that must have been really frightening. It sounds as though the abuse may be escalating as he is making threats to kill you. This is something you can report to the police by calling 101 and asking to speak to the domestic violence unit. A reason for logging it with the police is so that if you need to call them in an emergency in the future they already know that there is current domestic abuse, so they should treat it as urgent. This is of course your choice, and I understand if you don’t feel you can at the moment.

I know it can be really hard to make a phone call if he is very controlling and around all the time, so if you haven’t already you could have a read through The Survivor’s Handbook on this website. It has information about refuge and housing options, your legal rights, injunctions and making a safety plan for leaving or for staying. If you do get any chance when he is not around and you are safe to talk please do call the helpline as I think it would really help you.

It is normal to feel exhausted due to the abuse you are experiencing, so I hope you manage to get some respite. Keep posting, you are not alone.

Kind Regards,


© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content