lover of no contact
Participant

Hiya,

So glad you posted. It is so unfair when we’ve had to put up with the abuse and then others (whether its family, mutual friends, friends, police, social workers, the courts, our solicitors, their solicitors even counsellors sometimes don’t ‘get’ it). And when they don’t understand and I’ve had a lot of the groups I’ve mentioned above indulge in ‘victim blaming’, blaming ‘me’ the victim! And the many in the above groups then start making excuses for him, for him the perpetrator.

Try not to let it get to you, (easier said than done), on here we understand you and what you’re going through with people who are unsympathetic, because all of us on here have been on the receiving end of other people who don’t understand, who judge us and blame us and let the abuser off the hook.

Keep posting your thoughts and feelings on here. I feel for you.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content