Midnight Marbles
Participant

Thank you Sky,

That sounds like a punishment for daring to ask for a quote but he has to live with it too. Are you still with him?

I only realised recently after a councillor spoke to me about abuse, I thought it could possibly have been years ago as he was real nasty and would break things, punch walls, throw things, the usual stuff….

After reading and a few posts on here I have come to see lots of different behaviours he still has are abusive.

I still jump if I hear a loud bang downstairs and rush to see what it was! Worried I’ve spent to much time getting ready and he’s starting…..

When we’re out shopping I can tell straight away if someone else is near, he starts showing off and making funny comments at my expense to get a laugh, it makes me feel about 2 inches tall. Also I have to behave and let him have his own way or he will cause a scene, throwing items into the trolley or back on the shelves, using a really loud voice and bad language.

I don’t agree with much he says and it so hard because most of what he says is horrible, I have to agree and make conversation about it or he has a shout.

I have this strange way of wishing he’d spend more time with me but it’s horrible most times he does, but in my head it’s going to be lovely, deluded or what?

Thanks for listening, putting it down like this and then reading it back makes me realise what’s happening.

Midnightmarbles x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content