lover of no contact
Participant

tobefree,

I know that awful feeling of fear you have in regards to what your abuser may do. I found what gradually lessened my fear was a number of things:
1) minimum contact (children only)
2)reading the book ‘Why does he do that’ by Lundy Bancroft (showed me that they are not as ‘clever’ as they think they are, in fact they (the abusers) are very commonplace and nothing extraordinary, they all have very similar patterns.
3)Reading the posts on here as often as you can, need to. (You will lose a lot of fear realizing they are not unique and you will gain strength from all the ladies collective strength.

They are bullies. They are cowards. They think they are all powerful and invincible in their self-delusion and they arrogance and their inflated ego and sense of self. They have worked hard over the years at convincing us too, using their methods of fear and intimidation. That’s why we are afraid of them because they have worked very hard to instil fear and terror of them and what they may do to us and our loved ones.

But they’re not as powerful as they or we think. Keep posting. That fear of him and his actions will eventually lose their hold over you.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content