Anonymous
Inactive

I agree with serenity,I have learned so much about abuse, I can read a text from him and unpick it and I can see his little tactic throughout. I am so much more aware of how he behaves now. Yes I have ups and downs,last week I had so many issues I thought I would never see the week through, but I did and still fighting strong. Mindfulness helped me, I accept that I have a feeling about something, which more than often passes.
My life is still a battle at times,but 100% better than it was before I left him. I am developing self awareness, and self respect. I think the abuse has done me a slight favour in that I am only starting to love myself after an emotional childhood.
I realise I cannot change everything, but I have the power to do as I please now, it’s called freedom and I love every minute of it x x x just try not to over analyse stuff with the children,yes they may have been effected by abuse, and you cannot reverse this, just except and support as best as you can. Good luck x x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content