Doglover99
Participant

Thanks everyone for your replies. He’s still the same although he tried going to bed much earlier (like hours earlier) but still couldn’t sleep and then wouldn’t get up to go to school. He says he doesn’t like going in late so my suggestion of going for the last couple of lessons didn’t work either. I’ve kept the school informed but am worried that they will withdraw his place if he doesn’t turn up. Emailed the local council lady who’s been involved as well to let them know I have tried getting him to school and asking what the options are if he loses the school place.

I know he’s unhappy but I really think going to a B&B would be no good either. I looked into it months ago and we decided to wait until we find a property so we have some control over where we’ll end up. We are at a calm phase at home at the moment so I’m biding my time. I got a call from a housing provider just when I was feeling lowest of the low asking if I would be interested in some properties coming up in January. So there is hope we will be out soon. I feel so guilty though for not saying a word to my husband. It is going to come as a shock to him but I know I need to remind myself of the pain and suffering he has caused us over the years.

A friend told me to keep things in perspective. At least when my son is asleep in bed, although he should be at school, he’s safe and well and with me. She said his time will come for school when his head is able to cope with it. Even if he fails his exams, he will still have options and he can always do his exams later.

So, hanging in there. Get Xmas out of the way and we’ll have a fresh start in the new year.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content