mayflower
Participant

Dear Dog lover

Please don’t think nothing will change with your dear boy.

People have given you some brilliant advice and it seems highly likely that he is depressingly affected by what is going on at home.

Also he is not totally ruining his future – not at all
Nowadays people can go to school at any age, they can do qualifications at Adult ed. He has many chances to pick things up again, and although I totally understand your fears, as they would be mine too, the fact is the more you worry about it, the more it upsets both you and him, and the more difficult it all is for both of you.
Perhaps you need to set that ‘issue’ aside for a while and concentrate on the wellbeing of BOTH of you.
If he was ill and in hospital, he wouldn’t be at school at all, so maybe he needs to be treated as though that was the case. He is in a bad place emotionally, and needs time and space to get well.

We seldom appreciate how hard it is for our children being within damaging relationships, I know I didn’t.

Term ends in just a few days anyway, so perhaps it is time to reassess just how important the relationship is between YOU and HIM, and work on finding somewhere safe for you both.

Christmas certainly isn’t the same when you leave home – I spent my first one in a psychiatric ward! But it can be safer and more peaceful.
Much love
Mayflower xxxx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content