Princesshuggybear
Participant

Hi am I’m new to the forum [detail removed by moderator] months ago a left my partner after a long time together. It was only after leaving that he had been using emotional and mental abuse against me for years. Unfortunately just after leaving I had a complete emotional,mental and physical breakdown. To the point I couldn’t deal with the day to day things. If I went out I had panic attacks. He’d kept me away from my family and friends, always telling me I was useless, failure no good at anything, I was fat,ugly. Even though he works aboard he still affected me. He made do things I didn’t want to do. A few years ago when he was home I woke up to find that he’d hit me while I was a sleep knocking out 2 crowns and snapping one which as now left me with no front teeth. When I look in the mirror all I see is someone who is fat and ugly. And it doesn’t matter how many people tell me I’m not that’s how I feel. We are divorced now but are still sorting the financial side of things out. And each time I think I’m picking myself up a letter from his solicitor can knock me back again.
Unfortunately as a child I suffered from sexual abuse the person responsible as been bought to justice. But I have the memories of this on top of everything else that someways I wonder what’s the point in carrying on. But that would mean he’s won, so even though it’s a struggle I carry on. Trying to rebuild my life, I’ve moved back Close to my family. Who are helping and supporting were they can. This week as been a struggle,especially the end of last week when he sent a letter,it’s knocked me back so much. Just don’t know what to do anymore …..

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content