Twisted Sister
Participant

oh so sad you are feeling so much pain just now, all these tears that are flowing will help you move past the pain, i know it doesn’t feel like it, and there’s probably many more to come til all the pain of it all it out. the tears will wash away the pain, eventually, and you will stop crying.

It doesn’t changed whats happened between you, just because he has now started on someone else. No matter what he did afterwards, it doesn’t change whats gone before and who he is, and poor her, she doesn’t even know yet whats to come 🙁

do keep reminding yourself as much as you can of all the awful times he put you through, because these are the many reasons that you couldn’t carry on any more. To know, its just not worth it, and its definitely not love to treat someone this way, its a contradiction. You loved him despite the pain he caused you.

they work in a cycle of love hate love hate love hate love hate, so its not love, its all just hate, as the ‘love’ is only to stop you leaving or to pretend he wasn’t as awful as he really was. This is what i have come to believe. The freedom programme call it the ‘cycle of abuse’ swinging from one to another. Its important to your separation and recovery to have these realisations of who he really is. It helped me loads even though i’m still struggling to believe it all.

warmest wishes and keep posting, we’re all here for you xx ks

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content