Main Moderator

Hi newdawnnewday,

Thank you for you post, I’m sorry to hear what’s happened, it’s understandable that it’s shaken you. He has no right to know your address; if you have not done so already you may wish to opt out of the open electoral register at http://www.gov.uk.
Because he has parental responsibility he does have the right to know where the children go to school. I think it might be really helpful for you to seek some legal advice. The Rights of Women website has some excellent guides regarding Parental Responsibility and they have a Family Law advice line on 0207 251 6577.
Alternatively you could contact Duncan Lewis Solicitors support line on 0800 689 3275. Both services would be able to discuss this with you in more detail.

Of course you can also call the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247 for support.

Kind regards and Keep posting,


© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content