Twisted Sister
Participant

something all of us recognise, i’m sure, Marthamoo 🙁 If it were so easy to go these men would spend their lives alone and women would never show interest in them in the first place, never get drawn into their webs off deceit, lies and false ‘love’.

As it is unfortunately, being in an abusive relationship is part of the reason its so much harder to leave. Most take many times at it to finally leave, and you can only do it when you are ready and noone can make you ready. You see it all logically, i wonder if you are thinking more of his feelings/reactions than your own and placing his as paramount above everything. I certainly felt that, even long after leaving and it makes me sick to remember how ultimately important he was way above our own well-being, or maybe too scared at the moment because its such a lot to face? You see all the good reasons but that doesn’t make it an easy step to take.

We’re all with you, when you’re ready, keep posting how you’re doing and maybe speaking tothe helpline might give you some extra real life support to feel stronger for it?

warmest wishes KS xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content