Lisa
Main Moderator

Hi Moomy,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post, I know it can be hard to post for the first time so I’m really glad you have reached out for some support. It sounds like your husband’s abusive behaviour is having a very negative impact on your life. You have explained psychological abuse, control, financial abuse and very threatening and aggressive behaviour and that he has isolated you. It also sounds like the abuse is escalating and there is a high chance of it escalating to physical abuse. I acknowledge that there are many practical barriers to leaving your relationship and I understand your concern about the upheaval for your daughter, however children can be very adaptable and I encourage you to prioritise you and your daughter’s safety and long term wellbeing.

I think it would really help for you to speak to a female support worker in confidence by calling The National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247. She will not tell you what to do, but can listen, talk through your options and signpost you to any agencies relevent to your situation.

Keep posting,

Lisa

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content