Twisted Sister
Participant

at least i’m not a slave this Christmas! No matter how ill, pneumonia, flu, pleurisy, shingles, i still had to do it all alone even if that was a risk to the children.

I was raised on strong traditions of what christmas meant, but this year, no advent – i have hidden things around our room instead. No Christmas tree – nothing i can do about that. Decorations – making snowflakes and bought some sale lights for our room.

just so exhausted and in pain that its hard to see beyond that.

The money to buy all this stuff, am making gift tags and cards (from loo rolls and newspapers!) and actually its a huge distraction from it all.

We are all in this together, and thank you so much Lisa for your support, struggling to think any of those wonderful words you used apply to me in any way 🙁 just down, miserable and ungrateful for the help i have had is all i feel if i’m totally honest. its the support that carries you through and why its so precious to me to have these supportive replies xx

Its like looking through a window and watching everyone else having ‘their’ Christmas on this planet.

My heart goes out to all facing Christmas in their own unique ways this year, whether still with your abuser, homeless, or struggling on the other side with their legacy.

All in it together and very very glad of the company x*x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content