Twisted Sister
Participant

and to you Falling Skys,a lovely post of encouragement and positivity.

i think i posted on another christmas thread about doing things differently. I might spend my xmas eve and christmas nights in a car, but it doesn’t matter and that doesn’t worry me, i will be with the ones i love and we will all be happy together and thats all that matters, being happy and together – safe.

Feeling relaxed and having stupid fun, not scared of doing the wrong thing. I haven’t yet completely shaken off the feeling of waiting for the explosion after planning anything and discovering i did it all wrong, but its getting there.

So we don’t have all our usual christmas traditions or ‘things’ around us, but Christmas is about the spirit, feeling the spirit of Christmas all around us, and coming here and hearing others talking makes me realise how even the very different christmas’s can be the happiest too.

Raising a festive glass to all for all your christmasses xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content