Christmas can be so difficult…especially after leaving an abusive relationship.
This year my child is old enough to understand all about Santa and he’s just so excited – and this year I’m starting traditions just for us two. We’re going to my mothers house and spending Christmas with my family (not all of my mothers family as I still don’t have a relationship with half of her family due to the abuse etc but my siblings and their partners will be there) so this year – our first proper year in our own home after a christmas in refuge and years of terrible ruined christmases before that.

So we’ve made our own decorations, we’re going to make a gingerbread house and me and my child are going to have a little christmas before we travel – just the two of us. Starting our own little traditions – like hot chocolate and squirty cream before bed! For the first year in so long, I’m looking forward to Christmas!

As you’ve said…it’s about spirit, and being happy and safe.

I wish all of you a happy and merry christmas, and most importantly a safe and warm one.
Festive love and fairy lights. LBP. Xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content