Anonymous
Inactive

I’m so sorry that it has taken me a few days to reply. I think I needed the time to try and process what was said. I am very grateful for you all and for all of your replies. I don’t really know what to do now, but I think that speaking to someone would be a good way forward. I will definitely look into it.

I have started sticking up for myself a bit more since reading your replies. Last night he was trying to dictate to me what I was allowed to buy – and I told him that it was my money and I would buy what I liked. He told me (and jokingly) that if I carried on he would knock me out (showed me his fist), I told him ‘go on then, I’m not scared of you’ and he joke tapped me on the jaw. For the first time there was a hint of fear on my behalf – and I won’t be goading him again.
I don’t think he would actually hit me, he’s never been violent and he knows that I would take out child and leave without hesitation and with just the clothes on our backs, but I’m starting to question how much I know him. Maybe because I know it’s abuse that I am experiencing I am reading too much into things now?

Such a tough situation. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for the support. It makes me feel less alone.

Huge hugs to you all x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content