Twisted Sister
Participant

i have this Inneed. and I find it so hard also to hear others stories, if other’s get upset or aggressive about, but some want to tell you in all detail and i find that really hard. Other’s don’t say and we avoid speaking about it in particular, which is such a relief.

I also have this thing where i have to tell everything. I would be a liar and so always felt i was continually on the back-foot trying to justify myself, so when others ask questions in refuge i found it extremely hard, but although these are others suffering they are still strangers to me, and some of them strangers that bring drugs in, or arrange hook-ups for drop-offs, or other stuff, so its taught me actually that its more important to stay out of it all, and learn to try to avoid the questions and not just spill as soon as asked anything.

My children did far better than i’d expected, far better, and starting speaking a lot more about the abuse because others were talking about their experiences.

you’re not babbling on. Its not talked about much on here and might be helpful for any considering using Refuge to get out. thanks for sharing your experience. It helped me because it was a particular struggle of mine too, thanks x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content