Amethyst15
Participant

Hi Tamra,
Sounds like the usual chaos and confusion abusers engender. As i was reading through your post i was very much aware of my ex holding similar attitudes and views. They want us as the ‘little women at home’ whilst at the same time not wanting full responsibility to financially support it. You can’t win and although you tried to adapt and modify to ‘fit’ his vision it was never enough and never would be. My ex even says now ‘you’re too independent. I don’t want any of you clever women’-it’s all about control and he lost that when you got a career and started having a different life view. All of his tactics are about gaining control and putting you in a spin. You deserve better than all of that and there will be someone out there who can appreciate your intelligence and management skills not this oaf who seems to favour style over substance. As you move further away from him emotionally you’ll wonder how you put up with his demands for so long. The reason is because you are strong and resilient- qualities that will make your future successful. Take care and keep posting x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content