Midnight Marbles
Participant

Hi ladies,

Thank you so much for your replies, the more I hear that his behaviour is abusive, the stronger I feel.

Falling Sky I hope your OK and he’s leaving you alone, I can’t imagine having to live with him after he knew it was all over, you are so brave. I also keep out of the way as much as I can, seeing friends, shopping and I walk with the ramblers (this helps anxiety and lifts my mood) it also keeps me out most of the day! Unfortunately he’s home most of the time, only does work for a few hours a week if at all!

We have a house as well and I’m thinking that if I can manage to squirrel away some money I could just walk out and rent, that would leave him with very little money and I don’t think he would pay the bills or mortgage, not sure if I could just leave him with nothing. I need to speak to citizens advice I think.

Daisy thank you for support, you have explained my feeling brilliantly and validated them. It’s so hard after decades of this to know what’s acceptable. Have made more contact with friends, I’m starting to see some lovely relationships between couples and want that for myself in the future but feel as though I’m asking for the stars, but as the saying goes ‘ is the grass greener on the other side’?

Thanks again MidnightMarbles

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content