Daisy
Participant

Peaches, well done for speaking out, I feel your courage and determination in your post,
Have you seen the wizard of oz as a child? The wizard being this all powerful, huge,fearsome character but who when you strip away the light and smoke illusions in truth he is just a pathetic little man.
if you can overcome all the years and years of instilled control and fear and “brainwashing ” of the consequences your father has brutally meted out to you all and understand and accept it for the severe abuse it is, you can then extract yourself, and perhaps inspire the others to follow.
Is there anyone at work you feel you could talk to, and could help as and when needed re your dad’s control there?
If you are feeling horrified of them knowing, that’s part of his brainwashing I feel and you would perhaps be suprised to hear that maybe there is someone that may already have an idea.
As you said you are well grown up, well capable of being successful in work and that is by your own merit, so I’m sure you will be more than capable of managing your peaceful, independence too.
The first step I feel is giving some thoughts to your financial independence,remember your earnings are yours alone, can you prepare a separate secret online account, ready for when the time comes
X x x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content