Reeds-not-oaks
Participant

O et al.

My ex was number 3 too. A lifetime of early experiences primed me for the abuse. It took its destructive toll…

My daughter struggles with learnt behaviour. It’s hard but I have vowed to be there, however much she acts out. She hates boundaries. But, she knows in her heart the truth.

My son was ripped away, but, when I found him two years ago I decided to play the long game. I have no doubt in my love for my children. So don’t doubt yours ladies,never. So my advice is take the straight line of true strength/gentle maternal power.

As for what’s left in you. Use that anger. Process it however you can. Don’t let their actions be a cancer in your life.

I now paint out my anger/grief/frustration. But EMDR changed the abuse from the thing that happened, to a thing that happened. Subtle yet powerful.

I choose to use the hunger for an old lifestyle to fight for it for me. Fight for you. What you want back you probably made. Make it again for you.

X. Reeds

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content