Tamra
Participant

Wow Blueseyes16 your words have really touch me and so powerful that I crying but in a good way. you are right in everything you have said and the butterfly bit touch me to the cor as I hear that all the time and the amount of butterflies I get given, not real ones of course but ones that are on things, pictures, books etc.I agree and say we are all butterflies waiting for that freeing moment.

your friend is so right yes its lessons learnt and finding what that lesson meant – for me its that I dont have to be abused anymore by nasty men, I had awful experiences from a very young age and have been punished by them all apart from my Dad who is the kindest man alive as well as my son of course. I believe I will also have to heal those childhood moments so I dont end up with another one, if I ever do of course. and like you said that doesnt mean in a relationship with someone but actually one with ourselves and be content with who we are. A friend of mine came out of an abusive relationship years ago and has been on her own now for a few years, and of course her ex has gone from one relationship to another and even tried on a few occasions to get her back, at first I couldn’t understand how she was on her own as she is stunning, caring, intelligent, loyal, honest etc. and she told me that she had, like me, abusive moments though out her life and has just found peace within herself and doesnt need a man to make her feel whole however she said if one comes along and he feels comfortable then she will have a relationship. Id admire her and cant wit for the day I feel like her. So there is hope out there for us all.

Five things – Ill have to have a think and get back to you but thats a fab idea.

No need to say sorry on here and if you need to ‘ramble on’ you can I think we all say what we feel and thats ok

xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content