katielove
Participant

Of course you can! It is hard to start with as you constantly question whether you have done the right thing or not. However, there isn’t one of us who would say that it is absolutely the right thing. An article by Lundy Bancroft – ‘You are their mother’ was what made me do it. It was like an alarm bell going off:’So when you say to yourself, “I am the children’s mother,” you are making a profound statement that is not about being their biological or legal parent. You are stating how absolutely critical your role is in who they are and who they will become, and how inalienable your right is to guide them and love them. Your children are looking to you.’

I have been away from my ex for about (detail removed by Moderator) months now and I still get very down days BUT I have recently actually started to feel happy every now and then. The after effects may never go away but they do recede with time.

Make sure you are safe. Your IDVA should be able to organise things for you and above all cover your tracks. x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content