White Rose
Participant

Hi foggy.
Welcome.
I’ll agree with what you think. Sadly this is emotional abuse. You’re probably coming round the the hard stark realisation that it is already.
It’s a story very similar to mine in many ways and it took me nearly twice as long as you to realise.
It’s hard and it’s sad and it makes you feel at fault but no matter what he tells you this is not your fault.
I can appreciate how you are feeling at the moment but regardless of how it is that you came to be separated its going to make it better for you and your daughter.
Take advice from solicitor and women’s aid and keep posting here for anything. If he divorces you, so what? he’ll lie about grounds and ultimately it doesn’t matter. He may not as he’ll not want to give in to his failings by doing so. Solicitor will advice you.
You’ll identify more abusive incidents in weeks/months to come…. I still do and wonder how I was stupid enough not to have realised what he was doing to me.
He’s thecone who’s taken your confidence from you. You will get it back and youll find you are stronger than you think.
You’re daughter has experienced the abuse too. Keep her close and let her school know what’s happened if they don’t know already.
Thinking of you and sending love and hugs. Take care x*x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content