Midnight Marbles
Participant

Hi Moon

I am late forties now and have suffered domestic abuse since I was a teenager with the same man, nobody helped me, I didn’t tell anyone but people saw lots of his aggressive and verbal abuse and knew about the financial abuse. I was terrified of him and have been treated for major anxiety for years, with what I thought there was no reason for.

In the last couple of months I have realised with the help of a counsellor and these amazing ladies, its not me wanting far to much from a relationship, but him being abusive. I am so sad and angry I’ve wasted years on him.

I tell you this because I care for you and don’t want the same for you, and your abuse is so much worse. If I could write a letter to my younger self I would say “run run run, stop worrying about anybodys feelings and just walk out, even if it’s just with the clothes on your back and your child in your arms, go!!! The rest will sort itself out. This will never get any better ever and you will come back to this time and time again”

I so wish someone had taken me to one side and said, this is really bad treatment, you are so right to get out, leave him I’ll help you.

So sorry Moon, this is so hard for you but I really feel your in such danger now and in the future.

I really hope this doesn’t upset you. I really don’t want too but maybe that’s what others thought about me.

Stay safe as you can

Midnight xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content