Serenity
Participant

Hi Starlight,

Court is over for me and my ex is still trying to send me letters- despite him having had an injunction for a year previously.

Nowadays, the letters go, unopened, in the bin.

Persons capable of abuse have a malformed conscience. Normal people’s consciences stop them from behaving in ways that destroy others.

If an a user is nice for a period, or claims he is remorseful, you can bet that the motives are selfish. They are not for your well-being. They are for his need to control you again, to get you close so he can ‘slap’ you all over again, and continued contact enables this disgusting cycle to continue.

Look at the letter as black and white evidence of the horrible person he is. Remember the letter is full of lies: he is projecting his own faults on to you.

As lovely Flowerchild used to say, who used to post on here, listen carefully to what your abuser is saying about you: he is revealing things about himself.

Don’t believe any of his lies. Don’t internalise his garbage.

My last letter went unopened in the bin- and I even spat on it first. That is all it deserved.

Hugs X

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content