Serenity
Participant

They will believe him… At first, because he is an expert liar and charmer.

However, just as with you, his self-cent redness will show through over time, whoever he spends time with, his lack of empathy, his manipulation, will become evident to many.

The annoying thing is, this could take 1 year or 10, send you can’t sit around waiting for others to have the veil lifted.

The more you are able to cut off caring what people think and invest that energy in caring for yourself, the more people will believe you, funnily enough.

The best revenge against an abuser is to create a lovely life for yourself and leave them way behind, snivelling to themselves! At least, that is what I tell myself!

A friend of mine was married to an abuser who was excellent at charming people and playing the victim.

A year after they separated, she received an email from one of his best friends. He had secured a job at the same place as her ex, and was positioned at the desk next to him.

He emailed my friend to tell her that, seeing her ex day in and day out and how he treated other people, he only then understood how awful her ex really was….

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content