Serenity
Participant

Hi Eve,

I haven’t posted much recently, one reason being I find the new layout very difficult. However, I felt like trying to reach out to people and try to connect at this difficult time of year. I am sure many are feeling low.

Christmas / holidays are always an emotive time. Use this time to engage in self-care. Rest, spoil yourself, don’t feel pushed to rush around like a headless chicken with the many thousands who are!

Take life very slowly, recharge your batteries. Sometimes, emotions will resurface and become overwhelming, but it will pass. You will feel stringer again.

I am waiting for the first daffodils and snowdrops. To be honest, I find Xmas claustrophobic. My ex ruined too many of them.

Keep strong, Eve. I am back here and I am still on my tablets- don’t feel bad about not healing quickly enough. Abuse is damaging beyond anything, and it takes time to truly heal.

Hugs.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content