White Rose
Participant

Hi Serenity.
I don’t think this represents a change in his behaviour it’s just a repeat of his rollercoaster of abuse you’ve all been exposed to for years. He’s Mr Nice one minute then he’ll turn nasty.
Is he showing the boy’s false affection and then he’ll withdraw it and turn on them? Or is it just that he’s trying to impress those in authority?
He hasn’t changed. Abusers don’t.
Mine’s turning the nastiness on our daughter whilst accusing her of being a spoiled ungrateful brat – obviously as a result of my rubbish parenting! He was Mr Perfect separated Dad before that. He’s been so abusive of her in last few months shes ignoring him and has essentially gone “no contact”. She’s identifying incidents of emotional abuse in media, films, books and also in our lives so I think the penny has dropped with her.
He’s trying to worm his way back in to her life but I think he’s lost her trust.
The seesawing affection is so confusing for us as adults and I can’t imagine how teenage/adolescent brains cope with it.
You’ll do what you are so good at and supoort and love your boys, cope with their outbursts and tantrums and down days.
Don’t trust him.
Love to you all xx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content