katielove
Participant

Dear serenity,

What I have found over the past few years is that any ‘pleasant’ displays of behaviour are just a facade that abusers just cannot maintain. They are so easily bored and also after instant gratification. You are a huge support to your children and I am sure they will see through this disingenuous behaviour. Abusers do not change: they just change tactics.
I, too, feel a little low at the moment. It is strange as I have had a lovely loving Christmas with my family and children and am desperately looking forward to the new year but I still do not have closure with my ex. The police are still investigating ‘stuff’, that I cannot go into, and I wonder where it will all end up. I feel that if they decide to take no further action due to a lack of evidence I will be back in the same position that I have been in for months now. I know that he will not leave me alone and if bail is lifted I will then have to battle for peace again.
Sorry to write about myself – like you I feel a little low.

KL

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content