Daisy
Participant

Happy new year Tamra,
I saw your other post too, hope it’s ok to respond here,
You were with him for a long time Tamra and I bet that during that time through his relentless moods etc it took up a huge amount of your energy and time just on him, how he would be, react, etc always trying to be one step ahead for the sake of peace etc.
It is also likely that with all that, your feelings, needs emotions got squashed, you shrank from your former self,
Now it is hard to readjust and feel the void,and refind you,
This time of year probably magnifies the aloneness,
I don’t know him but I really do feel they are all one and the same, and he will not treat her any better than you,
Now instead of his direct torture, you are still getting it continue so be kind to yourself, they say the longer the relationship the longer the recovery time, can’t recall the actual years recovery per decade but it was a lot so just because we are out doesn’t mean we should be ok,
It is entirely up to you whether you get help from your GP, I know others who didn’t because of their medical records and jobs concerns, what you are feeling is reactive to what you have been through so is no shortcoming on your part
Please think about getting out that list or start a new one of what you want in a future partner, and see how short he falls,
Hang on in there,
X x x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content