Amethyst15
Participant

Hello Foggy,
Yes it is total frustration and confusion with these abusers. We give everything we have; turn ourselves inside out to fit their demands and then finally we are left looking at the wreckage feeling our lives have been torn apart as they move on for their next fix. I think many of us will identity with the discard tactics and it hurts like hell! I remember well the early days of separation and I felt like I was losing my mind. I did need help from the gp and counselling. It takes a lot of therapy and support to make sense of it all. Also, there could be local support available via the helpline so do give them a ring. I’m not going to lie, it is a long road back to recovery after the abuse but every step you take in the right direction is building towards a future abuse free and you so deserve that. Keep posting because the ladies on here are a fantastic support and offer lots of practical help. 2016 will be the year I need to take that final step to divorce so I can appreciate where you are coming from. What I do now is pour the energy it took keeping him happy into planning a better future without his mind games and controlling abuse. I wish you a better future, too x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content