Amethyst15
Participant

Yes foggy – this has been too much to deal with, no wonder you are under a crisis team. I had some very dark moments too and it was the scariest time of my life and I consider myself a strong person. But, the rug has been pulled from under you with no warning. It’s not surprising you are suffering. People gave me the advice of being kind and patient with yourself, self-love, it’s easy to neglect yourself in this stage. I also have my adult daughters to thank for being massive supporters of me and it sounds like you have a loving relationship to gain strength from. Don’t be hard on yourself, these early weeks and months are massive in terms of adjustments to your everyday reality and I know that extreme anxiety and how debilitating it is. Take good care of yourself – in time it will get easier(didn’t believe it in the early days) but it takes a lot of help and support and you are going through it at the moment. Thankfully sounds like you’ve got a responsive medical team to help you x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content