White Rose
Participant

Hi East
We’re all long term people on this thread and iI know i wonder at times if I got it wrong. My heart says I did but my head and all the evidence tells me otherwise. Ive neen so close to giving in going back to the easy option of being with him eapecially at my lowest moments and also when I hear he’s struggling. But I don’t as I don’t trust him. He’s tried the guilt trip on me and his children texting gabe kids he’s suicidal then they hear he’s gone away for a week with his new woman. It’s all a game. They do it to regain the control we’ve taken from them and yhey get a kick out of seeing us ground down.
You say you need to decide and you’re right no one can decide for you.
I’m a believer in lists and writing things down when I’m stuck. Pros and cons lists work for me. I might have multiple pros but if there’s only one con I don’t like or can’t handle then it helos me decide. Risk of in going abuse and unhappiness would be a big con for me.
It’s a new year you’ve got the power and strength to change things for you but it has to be your choice. Get support from us and other sources.
Take care. Be safe.
Sending love and hugs x*x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content