Falling Skys
Participant

Hi Moon

people say I’m brave and strong, I feel far from it, I chicken out on doing anything so many times. Reasons I use in my head: Hes not that bad, hes hard it hard, he will get better when hes see that I love him so much, I don’t love him enough, I’ll try harder to be the woman he wants, hes a good father. None of these are or were true. But year after year I stayed and it got worse and worse. I became a robot, the doctor would say to me “do you have thoughts of killing yourself?” My answer was “No, but I be very happy not to wake up tomorrow.”

Things are not ideal as we are in the same property to it sales, but he told me he wont hit me as I will get him out. Yes mind games, but I know it will come to an end.

I see you younger women as I was, but you are realising its wrong and looking for a way out I’m so proud of you. You have made the right moves to be safe and free.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content