foggyhere
Participant

Mine looked up the DSM IV criteria for borderline personality disorder, and then tried to convince mental health professionals I have it and should be hospitalised. Luckily they didn’t quite see it that way, and instead they treated me for emotional instability, which was massively helpful because it enabled me to step aside from his attempts to unstabilise me.

Then he did the worst (or in his option the best) discard strategy he could, and you bet I was unstable then. That was less than (removed by moderator) ago. I’ve had to be really strong, because now he doesn’t care about me or our daughter and he wants to get away with giving me as little money as possible, all the while being very charming to our daughter because of course I took her straight off the bargaining table and immediately agreed access with him.

He’s told a lot of people I’m completely mad, and I think he’s managed to get around our mediator. He’s lied about earnings already, but I know that to prove this I need to get a forensic accountant in, and I’m not sure that’s going to make financial sense, especially given that if we get to this point, it will be a very expensive divorce.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content