Smile
Participant

Hi,
I’m new to the forum but have known about it for a while.
I’ve been split from my ex for a while now and didn’t realise for a long time that the abuse continued after we split. It was all mostly psychological and emotional and included the use of our young child; first to make me stay and then to keep tabs, justify his actions,to keep control, and to punish me.
Following more threats my child and I moved into a refuge.
Being believed was an amazing feeling. I moved out of the area and built a new, happier, much more comfortable life for us.
A Court has ordered me to reveal details of my new location to my ex despite the admission that he has had me followed previously.
The same Judge cleared my ex of my accusations of dv because I “wasn’t without blame” (I shouldn’t have wound him up. Not that I ever did on purpose!)

So, my bubble has popped. I can feel the anxiety rising. I’m just waiting now for something to either happen or not happen.

I have no contact with him at all so I can’t get any clues at all about what to expect.

He is manipulative, intimidating, charming, well spoken, threatening, clever, a liar, jealous, competitive, aggresive and has history with some bad people.

I want to be strong, successful and to live my life free from him and his expectations. I wanted my child to have a happy HEALTHY relationship with him but he can’t help using my child to get to me and I can’t stop it from getting to me.

I have a strong support network and I’m working on some positive changes in 2016 but I’m not looking forward to finding out what effect he will have on our future again.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content