mixed-up mum
Participant

Hi Foggyhere I have always been a person who finds great release in putting my feelings down on paper – thank you for taking the time to read my post and to reply to me.

Those who have not been through what WE have been through can never understand why we stay – why we put up with it – why we ‘let’ it happen……

Why do we not get out the first sign that things are not right…why don’t we walk away…..

Well for years and years I honestly did not believe what he was doing WAS abuse – then he would promised me he would stop – that he would never do it again – but he always did…..

I stayed to keep the family together, I stayed because I did not want to make the children and myself homeless…..and I stayed as I was too scared to leave him – scared of what he would do…

I now know it was the wrong thing to do , to stay, that was no life for the children and me…we were all so miserable and unhappy – if only I’d have done it YEARS sooner we could have been so much happier – its never easy leaving – bit its SO worth it – its not a good feeling having no place to call home – but you will get another house, and you will make a new home, and a new life…..

It’s no good having regrets, and blaming yourself for not getting out sooner, you did what you thought was right ay the time, and you did it with the best of intentions…..

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content