Anonymous
Inactive

Thank you all so much ladies.

Marthamoo – so much of what you have said resonates with me and makes so much sense!

I had a long chat with my mum last night, albeit by email as she lives (detail removed by Moderator) miles away and she thinks that as he has lost some control over me as I see what he is doing and am resisting it (to a point) that he is trying to control the kids.

The park incident really was the first time that he has overstepped the mark like that, and I will be monitoring the situation very closely. I also plan to explain to my (age removed by Moderator) year old that no one – man or woman – should make her do things that she doesn’t want, that it’s not acceptable. I do not want her growing up thinking that it’s ok for a man to force her to do something she doesn’t want to just because he happens to be her dad/husband or whatever!

As for the rest of it – I still can’t get it into my head that he’s abusing me. There’s a lot of control and manipulation but I can’t make what he does equal abuse. I’m hoping that I will get there soon.

Thank you all so very much for listening to me.
Big love to you all x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content