mixed-up mum
Participant

Hi Lisa and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes it was a struggle to get through each day and I never knew from one day to the next what kind of mood he would be in.
If I had not ‘given him what he wanted’ and days and weeks had gone by since the last time – then I would find hid mood would get worse with each passing day – and his moods and temper became unbearable to live with – but live with it we did – for the teens of years, until finally in the end I could take no more.

We are out now though, and safe, and are trying to make new lives.

When I think how we used to live and how we live now – we are so much more relaxed and happy, and free to do what we want when we want – and we could never go back to living the way we lived for so many years.

I can go to bed when I want – not having to sit up until I knew he was asleep, and then creep slowly and quietly in to bed so as not to wake him.
No more being kept awake until 2,3,4,5 or even 6sm until I finally gave in and let him do what he wanted to me, just so I could get some sleep.

It’s a great feeling to know I’m safe at nights and can go to bed and sleep all night – he can no longer hurt me – I’m safe and I’m free.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content