pheonixroserising
Participant

hi Karmasister

No definitely not aimed at you. I too found it difficult when women were swearing, discussing sexual abuse openly or the abuse they suffered in front of children, smoking and smoking weed etc
I sat and talked about these issues with my son, my daughter has severe learning delay and didn’t understand what was going on with these issues although there were times she was distressed.
I have to say the second and third refuge we were in was run very well and largely we could retreat to our flats and avoid some issues. And poor parenting was visible but not any physical or verbal abuse of children. The whole experience has changed me and my son, however we have developed a deep bond and talk about issues in a positive way and discuss how alcohol and drugs can affect people and cause problems. I try to promote acceptance of all people whatever they are doing, we do not need to copy we can learn from our own mistakes and from other peoples but we do not accept harmful behaviour towards ourselves and we do not deliberately hurt or cause harm to others. I have to say he has always been very anti smoking and raised many conversations and complaints to me about where some people were smoking

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content