Serenity
Participant

Thanks all,

I have been so good not saying anything negative to my boys about my ex ( in fact we rarely mention him). But today my youngest mentioned being dropped off by the house.

I needed to remind him that it wasn’t permitted.

He then ( sounds like my ex!) said that what the court didn’t know wouldn’t hurt, and that I was ‘involving him’ ! Where did he get those words!

I think my ex is cleverly telling the boys that they shouldn’t be involved ( I totally agree!) but then he is covertly transgressing the boundaries, so that I need to mention something! Then end up looking bad!

Now I feel guilty. I don’t want to have my kids caught in the middle. I don’t want their dad to enter our daily conversation. And I don’t want to bad mouth their dad- I want them to come to their own truth.

I think I will call the police for advice and also tell my mum to remind my ex about the court agreement.

KIP- you are dead right. He has such a sense of entitlement and mischief and control, he probably would try to use the toilet next.

X*x

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content