mixed-up mum
Participant

Hi Marthamoo -sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you -:I do like to take the time to answer everyone who replies to my posts – it means such a lot that you take the time to read what I have written, and then comment on it.

I don’t know if the abusers DO actually KNOW what they are doing IS wrong and they just don’t care, OR do they REALLY not know how much hurt, pain, upset and misery they cause us. I do think as you said we are purely and simply objects to satisfy THEIR wants and needs…..it honestly did not matter how I was feeling – he didn’t care….

I just wish I’d had the courage and the confidence to leave him years before I finally did.

The more he did that to me, the more I could not stand to have him touch me, and in the end I could not bare to have him near me, I could not look at him or even speak to him. He killed any love I ever felt for him – so much so that nothing he could ever do would make me go back to him. The trust is gone and not an ounce of love survived…..

When we married I never ever imagined it would end this way….we were in love once. I never expected to leave the marriage, I never foresaw that I was to end up an abused wife, I never imagined this was to shape my life…..

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content