Tinydancer80
Participant

I had a non molestation order that ran out a while ago. It wasn’t worth the paper it was written on. He still made contact and when I told the police they said there was a word written in my non molestation order which meant they couldn’t do anything about it. I was very angry as it had cost me money to get the order issued to him.
Sometimes it feels as though the law doesn’t protect us.
I just want him out of our lives.
I know that he has rights as the father of our son but I just can’t sit back and watch him drag our little boy round to every new woman’s house every year and allow the little one to witness the abuse over and over again.
I want him to take me to court so it’s legally binding that my son lives with me because as it stands at the moment my ex has as much parental responsibility as me and can take little one and not return him. That’s a scary thought!
His ex partner has confided in me about the physical abuse she suffered with him and now he’s in yet another new relationship.
I wish his ex would give a statement to the police as he is still on probation and would probably be locked up for a while. But I understand why she is scared not to.
I’m at a loss!!

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content