Winterblues2
Participant

Moon,

I have been checking the website constantly for the last fews days desperately hoping to hear that you were ok. When I read this post I cried, I was so pleased that you were able to post, so upset by what he had done to you and so proud of you for making plans for tomorrow. I will probably never meet you or know you name, much like the other wonderful women on here, but please know that when we read your posts we are all desperately routing for you and wishing you the best of luck to get out and live in the freedom you deserve.

I have been out for around a year. I’m not going to lie, it is hard at the beginning, as, like you have already suggested you have concerns over how he will react and how you will cope but trust me you will. As others have said he will eventually move on and so will you.

In the morning, at your earliest convenience make that step towards freedom before you have a chance to think about it. Do not look back, just go.

As for what to take, prioritise you and your daughter, if it means just the clothes on your back than at least you are safe. Otherwise try and gather ID – Passports etc. and money/ bank cards.

You CAN do this! You are incredibly strong and so worthy of freedom. Please do not doubt yourself, go and never ever look back. We are all here for you at any time of day.

I will be thinking of you all day and checking the forum constantly, truly wishing you all the luck in the world.

xxxxxx

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content