KIP.
Participant

Hi there, well done for getting out. Is there any way you can turn your phone off? Even if it’s just for the weekend? I know it’s hard but reading the messages will be confusing and keeping your mind on him. Which is what he wants. I understand how you’re more scared than ever. It’s because when we are with out abuser, all our time and mind space is filled with just surviving. Now you have time to think about things, your mind will process the danger you have been in. It’s all perfectly normal. It’s going to be a roller coaster. Time and no contact are the greatest healers. I’ve been where you are and I can promise you, it will get easier. Take all the help you can and don’t be hard on yourself. You’ve taken your first big step to a safe, happy, free future. Well done you. Stay strong❤️

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content