KIP.
Participant

Don’t say a thing to your husband. You have just described exactly what his response will be and you don’t need that. I would take what’s offered. It can’t be any worse than living with an abuser and once you’re out, you can take your time and look elsewhere. With regard to your dog, I would try and re home him myself. Don’t leave any reason to go back. He will use your dog for that. Even a rescue shelter would be better than leaving it with him. There are also organisations that will foster your dog. I think dogs trust do this for victims of DV. It’s so wonderful to know you can close your own door and feel safe. I can only imagine what your poor soon is feeling. So desperate he would leave you. Well done. Don’t worry about your husband. He didn’t worry about you❤️👍👍👍👍

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content